July 5, 2010

Beginning of July

Still really like this song a lot! Usher ft. will.i.am - OMG

I love the store Liberty on W. Broadway!!!
Nad, this was the bed I was talking about where the pillows take up half of the bed!
I was thinking how neat it would be to have two pendant lamps come down on either side of my bed. It would make more space for junk books, pictures, and candles on my bedside tables!
Clean, fresh, and contemporary traditional.

Spa day w/ Mommy today~ we got our eyebrows done at Silky Touch (guh, it's been 2 days over a month since I've been in last!). Then, we went to Spa Utopia in North Van (Harbourside). It's very nice inside and boy do you pay for ambiance/service. They actually pamper and wait on you.  I had their "designed for U" facial and my mom had a full body signature massage. I snuck a couple of pictures off my cell phone before the battery went kaput.


This is inside the bathroom where you get a locker with your own robe, towel, and bath sandals. There are a bunch of products for you to use, some cucumber water and lemon water, a hairdryer, a curling iron, and sanitized combs. They also have a eucalyptus steam room/sauna which was very nice.
I tried curling my hair... lol fail :( I really need practice.
Outside the change room, they have this lounge area where you can sip different teas (in mugs or champagne-type flutes!) with mint leaves and lemon slices, eat a bunch of dried nuts and fruit, and read magazines with the spa music in the background. Soothing, but I hear the spa music all day at work so kind if ineffective for me.


Then quickly chowed down some sashimi at Sushi Town in N. Van and browsed around Ginger Jar Interiors (love their outdoor furniture!!! It really makes me swoon. They have some really unique indoor pieces too but they are super pricey) + made a pit stop at home before heading over to J.Lo's place just off of Commercial Dr. I would eat out so much if I lived where she was! Almost all the restaurants on Commercial Dr. are great... and they're known for such a variety, too! Anyway, she's been working on her garden recently and invited my family over for a BBQ. Apparently it (the backyard) was a bunch of nothingness before. It's nice how lush all her neighbour's back yards are! They really spend a lot of time tending to their yards. Good company~ spoiled by good food, too. Then, at the end, her partner brought out a portable firepit which kept us really warm outside (I need to get one)!

They made this arbor!
She installed little deck lights, too! So neat. Let's go acampin' in my backyard!!

[Currently scrambling to download Hangeng's new song, My Logo. I hope it's good!!!! OH and Brown Eyed Soul has a new single out!!! Is it Christmas?]

No comments:

Post a Comment