August 19, 2010

Staying On Track

OK so I have tons of ideas when it comes to decorating. I see things in store, in magazines, and online and am SO inspired, go about dreaming, and get set on acquiring THAT look. But, when it comes down to it, reality hits and time gets in the way. I don't make it a priority because, honestly, the project is for noone but myself. I end up making my designs simpler. Now, everything in my room is suddenly from IKEA (though, I must say, their designs have evolved quite nicely. I'm even lusting an IKEA kitchen when I move out)! It's everything I didn't want - thoughtless and matchy matchy, lacking warmth and individuality. Yet, at the same time, its what I like - simple, clean, extremely reasonably-priced, and modern classics.


I keep reminding myself, well, justifying, "it's ok - I'll just get this simple piece and will dress the room with accessories that define me better after". An end-of-bed bench from Homesense with a pattern (shock!) gets replaced by a solid, cold-feeling black-brown wood storage bench that matches my bed frame. My search for an ornate gold full-length mirror ends when I see every 4th person in the IKEA checkout line rolling in the classy black-brown HEMNES mirror which makes me think of how smart and streamlined it looks. 


Anyway, some days, well, recently, I've had the wish to just start from scratch and live a super inexpensive, down-to-earth, and minimalist life. 


Just like Victoria here.


I sure would save a LOT of money, I'm tellin' ya.

1 comment: