September 15, 2010

Gratitude

4men - 못해

Wrote this quickly before bed a few nights ago at 2AM but guess I forgot to publish it. Was feeling very reflective..

Oh friends. What would I do without them. Well, same with family, but family you're stuck with - you're forced, in a way, to live together and love each other. I'm very grateful I happen to quite like the ones I'm stuck with, for the record, but friends - they're a whole different story. You choose to see them, to care about what they do, what they're up to, what they're feeling. They're special. I always knew that I appreciated my friends, but I have to be honest - in my younger years, I think I also took them for granted. They were always there - if one wasn't available, I always had someone else I enjoyed to be with just as much to hang out with or to chat with. It wasn't until just a couple weekends ago - Labour Day weekend.. at age 23, where I honestly and totally had a realization of just how appreciative I am of all the close friends I have in my life and their presence and how much I love the fact that they're here within reach 24/7. I wasn't the one out and about for once - I stayed in Vancouver. All of my very closest of friends were away that weekend, and the boy was really tied up with work. For a whole day, I actually felt kind of friend-lonely! Can you believe it? That was the first time in my life I've felt it and it's not a great feeling (you know how that is one of the biggest fears of so many people - to be all alone in the world.. (maybe that and rejection).. no matter how successful you are, how great is that success if you have no one to share it with?) and I was comforted knowing that they would very very soon be back so I'm so thankful that it was only for a day (because I was preoccupied the other days). There needs to be an official "friends day"... but oh yea - that's what birthdays are for.. where you celebrate how incredibly special and appreciative you are that that individual is apart of your life. Sometimes these realizations just slap you in the face so fast and you appreciate it the most when it's gone, and you don't have it. 

I can truly brag that I have the truest friends in the world and like my mom keeps saying, they really make ME and what I'm all about. You can see a little bit of each of them in me. And that's why we're such good friends. We learn and educate one another to be a better person (so that one day, we can conquer the world!!!!)... I think I had more to say but I just blanked out.


lol my brother has that talking/singing fish (Big Mouth Billy Bass) song as his cell phone ringtone. The one that sounds like Elvis...


oh and I just signed onto MSN for the first time in over 1.5 years. I'm using the PC downstairs, that's why.

No comments:

Post a Comment