June 19, 2010

Yesterday, All My Troubles Seemed So Far Away


Dammit. I obviously forgot. Bad idea to get that Spanish Latte so late. I went to bed at 2AM and now I'm fully awake at 7:15AM (I woke up a couple times in between, too). So yea. Busy day yesterday and since I brought along a digi, I have a few pictures to share for once~


Sooo convocation was early in the morning. My grandparents, parents, and brother came. My grandparents got me a pretty and girly bouquet, a graduation bear from the bookstore (that my mom helped me name "Geo" for Geography), and a necklace my 2nd cousin made (she sells her handmade jewelry as one of her many jobs and really ran around to find the right quality pieces for it). The whole thing was 2 hours long (zzz) and we all walked across the pond and down the stairs of the AQ while the whole group of bagpipe players (SFU tradition) blew air into their instruments EEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR which left 10 minutes to take a few quick snaps before we rushed off to the Milestones near my house and then to the office. 
(I got a BA in the Faculty of Environment, btw.. Geography major). There was this one graduate who had a 4.24 GPA.  He did a joint major in (something along the lines of) molecular biology and biochemistry and minored n psychology! He has 36 A+ (not a single A-!). CRAZY.

Oh, I picked up 2 Anna Sui polishes and was pretty excited to use them. I saw someone swatch the peach colour, but I was taking a chance with the purple and I was so disappointed when I painted my nails! (Oh yea, btw, I totally did not fulfill anything in the challenge yesterday... I wore mascara, straightened my hair, and painted my nails.. bad... I know :( I'll make up for it Tuesday). 
Super adorable packaging and the polish has a nice rose fragrance, which was a nice surprise. I was hoping the purple would be a dupe of the YSL one I wasn't fast enough to get earlier on in the Spring. The Anna Sui purple (208, for reference), was totally NOT anything close!!! It was darker, way ugly, and had this blue under-shimmer that made my nails look like I stole my little cousin's DISNEY nail polish! It looks cheap and the shade is more than awful. It's hard to see just how terrible it is in the picture... but I guess you can imagine. (Yes.. I'm a nail drama queen.. I think it's because the polish was $15 which is pretty expensive, but I swear, this is my extent of my drama....... hehe).
Met up with M and Yena downtown to do some shopping after and M brought me 2 rolls of chamchi (tuna) kimbap from Port Coq. because that store has the closest thing to the best chamchi kimbap rolls like the ones we had in Korea. That was dinner, thanks! Bought a huge fluffy hot metallic pink and black (so not me haha) powder brush from Sephora I will test out. It was very pricey so I hope its price will reflect its performance... also got a basic form-hugging tank dress from True Value Vintage for only $19! Deal of the day. I think that's all I bought. 
I tried on my first one-shoulder dress at TVV. It feels weird putting it on! It's like when I first tried on my mom's 3/4 length sleeve shirts back in elementary school - it felt soooo weird.. as if material was missing.  It looked really bad on in person (pictures are a bit deceiving and it was way too small at the hips) but I really like the look of [most] one-shoulder dresses. I like this general shape because one side is a "long" sleeve. I see so many sleeveless versions out there, but not many one-sleeve.  One-shoulder is the new strapless!
Quick snap of my simple outfit of the day before I left Urban Outfitter's change room.. (I tried on some really cute pieces but the debit card machine was broken). Club Monaco sun dress, cropped 3/4 sleeve cardigan from Korea, UO Sabina Convertible leather bag, cheapie elastic + metal belt from Korea, and the only shoes that fit me from Vince in Malaysia (and the only heel I can walk all day in) that I noticed after was a replica of a Nine West heel.
After, hung out w/ the Kgroup... (lol I don't think I've ever made a name for them) at Jerry's apartment. We were originally supposed to go sing, but I kind of like just hanging out 'cause I haven't seen them for a long while. It was in celebration of Jerry's birthday. 
Bern has all the better pictures... we tried to surprise him by lighting his candles in the bathroom and then coming out. Guh.. now that I look at this picture, it looks really really unappetizing! LOL
Jin is leaving to return back to Korea on Monday~ InJae is leaving mid July~ Jerry is leaving mid Aug. Sad!


Oh yea, the boys created Korean names for me and Bern. I like them. They went through the effort to make it as close as possible to our Chinese names (but really, only our last names were very accurate).
Bern = IM BO-MI (Bomi is a very popular Korean name, I knew 4 Bomi's in Korea. It suits Bern 'cause her nickname is "Bunny" and if you say Bomi in a certain way, it sounds like Bunny! or maybe you can even hear "Bher-ni[ce]" lol so I think it really really suits Bern!).
Me = OH SO-NA (Very unique apparently - only 1 other person has this (full) name in Korea lol - you can check online! The "So" is close to my middle character of my Chinese name "little".. and the "na" resembles "Natasha". It's funny how easy it is to write (and say) my name in so many languages)


Anyway, thanks to M for letting me borrow her camera. Good day, especially since it warmed up! I shall get my Canon S90 within the next month if I find time (and someone) to go down and pick it up from the States with me. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment