January 26, 2010

Emilio Pucci SS10/RTW

I received an e-mail this morning from net-a-porter (I subscribe) regarding their latest video snippets of the highlights of recently released Spring 2010 RTW (ready to wear) collections. There are 18 videos in total - one of each brand net-a-porter will sell.

Out of the 18, my favourites are:

1. Burberry Prorsum (as always)
2. Diane Von Furstenberg (DVF)
3. 3.1 Phillip Lim
4. Emilio Pucci


I was a surprised by the last selection! When I hear "Pucci", I automatically think of loud, wild, colourfully neon, geometric prints older Asian women loved to wear. I never gave them a chance. When I was watching the short snippet of their runway highlights, finger ready to pounce on the button for "next designer", I was shocked at how tasteful and wearable their clothes were!
Here are my Top 5





Credit to style.com
Except for the last shot, the video does a much better job in capturing the movement and wear-ability of the outfits... they aren't as boxy looking on the runway as they are in these pictures. I will post up my other Top 5 outfits from other designers eventually!

2 comments: