January 23, 2010

Zac Posen Fall '09 Orange Lip

I know these pictures are dated, but I just couldn't get over the perfection of orange lips!





Credit to style.com
Of course, Zac Posen wasn't the only one who had orange lips on the runway.   I believe Nanette Lepore and BCBG among many others also rocked the look. What I love is how this orange isn't the burnt orange nor the nude orange nor the fluorescent orange trendy in previous seasons. This is a rich, flattering blood/peach orange pretty much anyone can wear. I think it's way more wearable than red and it can be both an everyday colour and, as you see above, one you can wear with a gown. I also think it's a colour for all seasons! Anyway, I'm super excited about having had discovered this colour somewhat recently. It makes me happy looking at it in the tube (and on lips) and I could wander aimlessly for hours (secretly) gawking at all the pretty shades of orange at Sephora.

1 comment:

  1. I know you were commenting about the lipstick colour BUT I really couldn't take my eyes off the dress the asian model is wearing...
    I tried to see if you had a larger version of the picture but you didn't so I can't quite see what it is..sequins? Anyway I really like it.
    Minus the fish net stockings.

    ReplyDelete