April 8, 2010

Add Detail.. and Oil..

Bustiers have come to be a new trend for this Spring. When I first came across them on Susie Bubble's blog where she was gifted a bustier from her boyfriend for Christmas, I was puzzled.  How could such an "accessory"/"top" be worn in a way that's wearable and tasteful instead of its effortlessly awkward and ridiculous way? I think wearing a bustier on top of a plain tee is too easy and often badly executed. It's something all un-daring people who wanted to wear a bustier would resort to.. and it's very Forever21-like. And, wearing it on its own with pants or a skirt is not very classy in my eyes.. only 'cause I've never been much a midriff person - baring your whole stomach is sexier, IMO.. and should only be done when wearing a bathing suit. Of course, it's different if you wear your pants/skirts all the way up to where your bustier ends like here. But anyway, thanks to FashionToast, I now know!
Tone on tone and on top of a breezy dress gives the outfit texture and a whole new look for your plain dress. Love this look.
Although it looks good in my head, I wonder what a leather bustier would look like over a lace cut-out racerback tank... or a lacy bustier with a leather jacket.. haha my attempts to bring together edgy with girly.. nothing new. Anyway, considering I would probably not swipe my Visa for one, I haven't done much research on it.  I'm sure these looks have been done many times already!

This is the gray ribbed blazer I was talking about in one of my recent lusts.  I want this exact one minus the power shoulders.
Credit: Sartorialist
AHhh so fabulous I want to steal it off her shoulders.

Crazy wind today - I was almost swept off my feet! 1 more week of attending classes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. i would agree on the awkward and ridiculous-ness and very f21 like in a way! i think that breezy pic is one of the better ones...

    btw, midriff :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. the breezy pic is supposed to be what everyone should follow IMO if they wear something like that hehe

    oooops - no excuse, but I was actually going to say something about excusing my grammar lol thx

    ReplyDelete