April 16, 2010

Nailed It!


3 papers down, 2 more to go!!!

Had time to shape my nails today! In Korea, I was introduced to the squoval nail shape and I've loved it ever since. To me, it has that naturally chic vibe that doesn't imply "high-maintenance" as square shapes common in gel/acrylic nails often do.  Squoval is basically what it says: square-shaped with rounded edges. I found this handy dandy site that shows you how to achieve whichever nail shape you want. That is, of course, if it is a more conventional shape.  For the squoval, as it instructs, you just need to file your nails a certain angle and whala! 13 seconds later, you will have a squoval nail! I used 3 coats of my nude OPI shade, Samoan Sand.  While I kind of regret getting that shade because it doesn't go that well with my skin tone, I still like the idea of the colour and it's growing on me!

Easy peasy lemon squeezy (hehe.. haven't said that phrase in a while)

Fact: I have not swiped my debit or credit card in over 2 weeks!
Fact: I have only had 1 cup of tea and 1 Greek coffee within the past 2 weeks!
Fact: I am exhausted and I've got an eventful day tomorrow~ let's hope for sun and no precipitation!

1 comment:

  1. i like this natbot name :) you just need a cute little scraggly drawing a natbot hehe

    man i am so bad at shaping my nails... i tried last night and now i have lopsided shapes...not cool

    ReplyDelete