April 1, 2010

Zip Zip

Ok finally loaded some Ziplining pictures from a couple weeks ago. 
I initially wanted to go on the Monday but found out on Friday that the Paralympics were ending on Sunday, which meant the zip line would also be closed on Sunday! So, I had to rearrange my schedule to go on Saturday. I began lining up at 10AM. We ended up waiting 6.5 hours standing for this 20 second ride!!!!! I don't know what I was thinking, but it was fun. We could not have asked for better weather - not cold, not hot, not too sunny. The staff members were so friendly, too ^^ 
Waiting.. when this picture was taken, we already waited 2 hours...
We thought we were just a few minutes away from 'finish line' because it was in view but then we saw this sign. BOOOOOOOOO
This is what we were waiting to do. I thought it would be fun to coordinate some song to yell across while flipping upside and spinning and all hehe but in the moment, you just forget to do it and concentrate on your own thing.
The "finish line"!!
We had to sign waivers..
And off we went to get our equipment! I didn't think it would be scary or anything, but when you're standing up there, waiting for your turn to jump, and when you're on the last step on the mini, holey staircase, your heart really starts to pound.
The staff made the Japanese girl in front of me take my shoes to the other side in her bag... lol (I was wearing my flats that were really loose). The girls were so scared to go across... that guy had to lift the rope to get off off her feet!
That's us! At this time, we were waiting to walk down those steps that lead to nothing!
Weeeeeeeeeeeee~~

1 comment:

  1. lol did the guy practically force the girl off? my sister was saying when they went bungee-ing the staff made sure to talk lots and lots and lots to you so you'd be distracted and not overthinking the jump and so they'd be like blahblahblahblahblahokayjump!

    ReplyDelete