February 25, 2010

And It Goes On...


Bern's 23rd birthday on Tuesday! Had steak and lobster dinner at Horizons on Burnaby Mountain then they came to my house to play Clue. The first and only other time I've played that game (I was 11 or so), I think I got nightmares because it was about death and unknown secrets.. and the old version looked creepier.. I made chocolate cupcakes earlier in the morning and I swear I've eaten almost half of the full batch! I have 2 left.. which, I guarantee you, will be finished by tonight.

I don't like Rooibos
I love Chai

I don't like asparagus
I love gai laan (and pretty much all other veggies)

I don't like coffee (but I like coffee-flavoured things)
I love espresso (esp. European espresso.. the more bitter, the better)

I don't care for milk chocolate
I love dark chocolate

Did a friendship shot @ Artona (professional portrait studio) with M yesterday afternoon after running a couple errands and eating sashimi at Sushi Town North Van (yay). They were still quite quick with their set ups and all, but it seemed quite a bit less stressful than high school graduation pictures where we were herded in and out like sheep. We got the view the pictures this time. Not bad not bad. My hair was pretty light, though. My hair stylist just called - I have an appointment to redye hair a darker shade at 10AM on Saturday morning lol zzzz

M dropped me off at work right after and I  spent some time reading my article at Sbucks.  Also went to Pier 1 to look at mirrored vanities. They had a set that's on promotion until the end of the month. I'm not sure if I absolutely love it, but it's semi-close to something I've been looking for. Don't want the foldable tri-mirror though.
This one goes for $420 on promotion. From far away, it looks nice, but up close, the silver-painted wooden rim that's trying to be metal looks cheap. I'd rather have actual metal. I do like the stool, though. It's cute.
Then I hopped over to Futureshop and looked at their digital cameras. Compact Canons, beside the S90, looked ugly and roundish.. like for kids.. but they do have good quality photos... But then, I found the Samsung ST550 or TL225  (from the ST/I series)12.2mp!! Samsung is GENIUS! They come out with such innovative things. Only thing is that they specialize in such a wide array of electronics that their products fail at one part. The SA told me that Samsung's was really neat, but I can't expect the same quality of picture as Canon.  My past 2-3 cameras have all been Canons so I don't know if I could do with a not-as-nice quality, but then again, I don't take photos for anything professional and there's always photoshop (that I don't have).  I only got to play around with it for a few minutes, but so far, the configurations are super easy to use - it's touch screen, has a 3.5" screen on the back, has hd video, Haptic vibration, 4.6x optical zoom, a recycle bin (instead of trash can) so you can recover photos, AND has a 1.5" LCD in the front where you can take selcas!!!!! Only thing is that the Samsung is on promotion until the end of today at $50 off.  Came out last summer. So my only concern is the picture quality and battery life, both of which seem to be the only faults (but quite major, too IMO). Am I too persuaded by the neat gadgets to care about the quality??

Ended up being server 1 and worked for almost 6 hours. Long shift - forgot to bring a pair of flats so ended up having to wear boots which got kinda heavy after a few hours in. Some great customers and a table of not so great. Overall good night - just like old times. I like the busy-ness of just having 2 servers. None to get in my way when I turn around corners. Working again tonight woot woot quite a few large reservations.

Anyway, I gotta shower and get down to put in some hours for work and do my own school work. Even though I'm on break, I feel that there are not enough hours right now! I really gotta start on this paper and I can't find my other textbook I'm supposed to have read for next Thursday's class. I have another paper worth 10% on "my Olympic experience"... what? Gotta think how I have to tie my experience with Urban Development.. jeez. And then I have this presentation next Wednesday about white socio-spatial epistemology. The article was clear - don't know what else I could say about that but reiterate and add my own anecdotes of sorts to make it an interesting presentation.

My Visa bill is going to be very scary this month........... wimper... digging into Greece fund..

AJA!

No comments:

Post a Comment