February 14, 2010

Vancouver is Awesome


I was among the 1,000 people who participated in this dance yesterday on Robson street (one of the main shopping streets in downtown Vancouver).  At 4PM, the music for "Dancing In The Streets" began and everyone did their thing haha it was soooo cool to be in this huge crowd! It was seriously packed - I think it went on for a block and half! Sort of wish I wore my 4 inch heels so I could see how far it stretched  haha I forgot I wasn't in Asia anymore.  I also wish I could have found a better video, but I like this one cause it sort of shows how far it spread out and you can hear people singing along.  I was so amazed at how many people came out. There were three secret rehearsals I couldn't make and online videos to help you practice the dance.  I got downtown at 3:30 and Andrew and I joined in with some random people in an alley behind White Spot to practice twice. The whole street sang O Canada on top of their lungs at around 3:50 and we did the wave a few times. So fun!
I'm not in this video - I was about another half block to the left haha
After, Bern and I ate a cupcake and went to see the torch before going to our family Chinese New Year dinners. Day 3 of the Olympics! I'm totally feeling Canadian pride everywhere. And even when not Canadian, North American! WOOOOOOO!!!!

2 comments: