February 16, 2010

To Seattle


States trip yesterday w/ M and N! It was fun - M picked me up at 6:15AMish and then we picked N up and drove down! 3 min wait at the border - much less than we expected, so we got to Nordstrom Rack near Westfield Southcentre a half an hour earlier. Wasn't expecting to find anything there, but I ended up walking out of the store with a pair of basic black, ankle-length skinny Jbrand jeans (pretty much what I needed) and Bumble & Bumble hair thickening spray I couldn't find in Vancouver.  
Look at what the spray rang in as on my receipt! loll bum-thickening
We had lunch at the Cheesecake Factory (yay)
After, we headed to Westfield Southcenter's Forever 21 and spent a couple hours in that massive store. I got a light-wash cropped jean jacket with 3/4 sleeves and a cute yellow and white striped zip-up. Huzpaz for nautical! I like the yellow. It's not the fresh, creamy and happy yellow as it looks below, it's more like a Pier Imports yellow if you know what I mean.. sort of has a greenish tinge to it and more.. muddyyet it's still bright and pops.
Also ended up picking up a pair of brown T-strap flip flops from Gilly Hicks (I've concluded that GH sales associates aren't very bright...) and a Sephora Professional #45 Mineral Powder Brush (new to their line). It's around 6.5-7 inches long.
The brush is soft - I'm curious how it I'll hold up after I wash it.
We stopped briefly at Alderwood Mall to look at Forever 21's accessories store where M got a temporary wallet and then we headed back North. Started to rain a bit on the way back.  We had to wait less than 5 minutes to cross the border and didn't have to pay duty even though we all exceeded the limit by 3-4 times! Wooooot
I still have my shopping tolerance (meaning I can shop for over 9 hours and I still won't get tired) - and this was the first time I didn't nap for one bit in the car on the way down or up

1 comment:

  1. BUM thickening!!!! lol.....

    eeee shopping high..... i want to go again!!! but i know it will just be throwing money away lol wen i go shopping for either dims, or in the states, i tend to shop without any regard to price...aiya money just flies out lol. butttt still pretty successful :) my mom was all tsk on the poorly made maestro blazer (the bottons on the cuffs are on the inside for some reason!??!?) but she liked it... i dont know if that's a bad sign :(

    ReplyDelete