February 2, 2010

I Got Teased...

by Net-a-Porter today.
mmmmmmmm Macaroons
I can't believe I didn't try these in Paris... I will pay a grand visit to Pierre Herme, the macaron king, the next time I go.
Had my first macaroon experience at this little home-style French bakery (which, a month later, renovated into this luxurious bakery with a darling outstretched canopy and limos out front) in Apgujeong, Seoul . They had over 10 different flavours. The dessert, snack, whatever you call it, was introduced to me by one of my Singaporean foodie friends who loved macaroons so much, she had her friends ship her a box from Singapore while she was in Korea! After that lovely umm.. event haha (making it a big deal), I noticed that they were sold in other bakeries (can't remember if Paris Baguette sold them but I'm pretty sure Paris Croissant did..) and even at Starbucks next to the cash register!
GUH. So anyway, I'm on a hunt for macaroons. I've never seen them in Vancouver. Googled and read they could be found at a couple of bakeries in Yaletown: Thomas Haas and Ganache Patisserie. St Germain and this bakery in Granville Island apparently have them, too..  nomonomonomonom

No comments:

Post a Comment