March 17, 2010

10 Page Papers Don't Write Themselves.

Before I start writing, which kind of quilted/tufting is the best for my floor to ceiling headboard? 


[1] This is my favourite.. but it looks really hard to do to get the right lines and all..
Photos taken from Song of Style
[2] Pudgy quilts in larger form like the on the coffee table?
[3] How about this?
kk kidding.  Too over the top for me.
[4] Not sure what to call this one... the fading star diamond pattern?
[5] Sparse and subtle -- hmm I'm liking this, too.
[6] Yea I won't do velvet of any sort, but this one is alright, too - just looks like someone took a gun to it happened to be all lined up.
[7] Deeper quilts - nicer dimension, more visually stimulating
[8] Hmm what about quilting w/ a semi-subtle pattern?
[9] A modern take. Hmm.. squares. I like but I don't like.
[10] I could make life so much easier and just fabric-cover panels like what Sarah Richardson did a few years back for a cottage bedroom

[11] Interesting.. inverted and then subtle.
[12] Oooo this is plush, I like too.. but will need to be bigger or more spread apart. I like the depth.
[13] I thought this was so neat - a headboard that wraps!
[14] Butt ugly colour.. but what it would look like if quilting was small and condensed... me no likey
[15] Another -- I think this one is a light ice violet colour! I can't tell right now.. my eyes are tired.
[16] Whisper quilts
[17] I like the size of the headboard. Just needs to be taller.
 
[18] Nice size for the bench at the end of my bed. I'd take that one, actually. If this room has the headboard I want to make, it would be almost perfect for me.
[19] What do you call this style?
[20] Same company as above. Kinda neat how the lights hang from the headboard like that.  Glowy.
[21] A shaped quilted headboard.
[22] Kind of a plain jane. Don't really want that colour.
So there - 22 quilted styles (okok.. 21...) as inspiration for my summer project: a DIY custom headboard!


Now back to researching...

1 comment:

  1. jeez. enough choice already! the differences are so subtle to me haha :P
    favourite is #9 and #16
    spread out, not too many, soft, shallow.

    i dont like the deep ones even though they look interesting, but i can't imagine the dust that would settle in it.

    ReplyDelete