March 14, 2010

Saffron


Went to La Bodega for a birthday dinner today~ quaint-ish restaurant serving food from Spain. Service was wonderful and the menu had a good variety - it was mainly a tapas restaurant so we ordered a bunch of different dishes. I had rabbit. It tasted like meaty chicken mixed with turkey. Tried their Sangria and paella, both of which they claim to be really good. Could just be my tastes, but I've had better of both before. I say even my mom makes more flavourful paella.. so yea it was good, but not memorable. I'd go to that restaurant again, though.

A bunch of the guests chipped in to get Helen a gift card for an iphone ('cause her old cell got stolen at a club and her new one is kinda broken) and right when we started talking about it while she was at the other end of the table, her closest friends started betting money on whether she would cry or not when she received it haha (she has a history of doing so when she's really really happy) - and she did actually cry because she was so touched! Awwwww~ that girl is seriously so darn cute!!
After I was going to go to Artemis's going away party at Lamplighter but found out that it was way too busy for me to get in by the time I got near around 11 so it was a semi-early night home.

Stepped into Shoppers to browse - I was super intrigued to try Lise Watier's new lippies.. they're pretty much felt pens that stain your lips! There were 6 or 7 different colours and they had a nice pigment to them.  My favourite (as was the SA's) was Peach which is this orange shade - think Mr. Sketch orange haha. For some reason, I can't find any info about them at all online - not even on Lise Watier's official website! So yea - they're apparently quite long lasting. You colour your lip with them and then put a clear gloss on and tada!! Weird way to apply them though.. seems like you have to be quite careful. Not exactly an on-the-go thing - you'll always need a mirror. They go for $20 ,which I think is super pricey for a stubby marker in a plastic case. I really might as well draw on my lips with a smelly marker since they're supposed to be all kid-friendly and washable.. but I think the LW one would look quite nice.

No pics - returned the camera.

I guess I should sleep - it's technically 3AM now instead of 2 b/c of daylight savings.

No comments:

Post a Comment