March 5, 2010

Me Like Smythe

I've been spending way too many minutes on Sesame Street's Twitter. I've started to even talk like Cookie Monster!
Cookie Monster: Me had philosophical moment: what if there no such thing as cookies? What would dat make me? Dis stuff keep me up at night.
Cookie Monster: Me don’t know why me monster eyes move like dey do. But me will look it up online – do a Googly search.
Cookie Monster: Cookie sitting next to me. How long can me resist? 1 mississippi, 2 mississ– dat enough torture! Om nom nom nom!
hahaha really takes me to my childhood. It was a good show! I mainly watched Sesame Street, Sharon, Lois, and Bram, Lamb Chop's Play-Along, and The Big Comfy Couch (btw, that Loonette girl is actually quite pretty w/out the makeup). I think my favourite was a tie between Big Bird and Elmo.. though I don't know why Big Bird. I think I was attracted to his feathers... and yellow... but now my favourite is either Cookie Monster or Elmo. I rewatched the Cake Boss episode of when they created the super neat cake for Sesame Street's 40th anniversary and Buddy, the "cake boss", got to talk to some of the characters it was so funny I fell in love with them once again! Great show. Now they seem to have such serious shows for kids.  Are there any puppet shows anymore?


I've kind of been listening to this song on repeat. Not Korean for once... SHOCK!
It's by Alphabeats - Hole In My Heart. I really like the girl's voice. Nothing to see so I shrunk the screen.  The official music video is on the strange side.
**
ANYWAY, back to Smythe. It's a Canadian brand! They're known for their jackets from blazers to wool coats.  I can't find any of my favourite pieces for sale. Apparently it's hard to get your hands on them, so I have to rely on the pictures from their official site.
Well, they have a decent amount of jackets for their Spring line-up, but my 2 favourites are:
The Shawl Collar Boyfriend Blazer in ivory - good lengh and all
(picture credited to luxelabel.com)
This Rafia gold weaved bolero. Oh my goodness -- if I owned this adorably classy throw-on, you'd probably see me wear it almost every day. Somehow, it has captured my heart. I love gold!
Their wool jackets have an equestrian flair to them.
You might have seen/will see their Smythe for HBC coats around - an adorable version of the classic HBC wool coats.  The shape is so young and bell-like, I love it - especially the oversized hood. If this person wasn't wearing sexy-ish thigh-high boots and rainboots instead, she could have easily been mistaken for a kid!
Unfortunately, these are all unaffordable to me right now as hey are priced from $350, average $500. Just another brand I look forward to viewing every season.
(Note: I thought I first encountered the brand during my first browse-through of Garance Dore's (the girlfriend of The Sartorialist) self-titled site and one of the girls she shot wore a Smythe coat I thought was great, but it ended up being a coat by Sacai. I guess I subconsciously saw Smythe somewhere else! But anyway, how often do you see this style of coat in this colour, shape, and the fur trim?? I want to try it on!)
(Oh, another note - I'm kinda liking the name Garance! At first, it reminds me of Aerance, a masculine name, or looks like a real harsh name to say with a plain Canadian English accent.. but now knowing that she's French (but totally not knowing how it's properly said), I think the name is beautiful, elegant, and classy.. like for someone stylish in a chic way yet soft-spoken.. and one who sits with poise.)

No comments:

Post a Comment