March 22, 2010

Guhh


Such a mistake to take this capitalism course... I don't have a clue what is going on in the text until I go to tutorial where literally a ton of information is spat at me. Sure, the prof is good because he is entertaining (I had him for Political Geo (where I also didn't really understand what was happening but ended up with a decent grade)) and he goes a bit more in depth about the basic concepts, but I would not know how to explain anything to anyone else. I took this course because I needed 1 more 300-level credit.  This course is new, btw - it has never been taught/offered at SFU and my prof is really into this sort of topic. He has garnered quite a bit of interest because of his popularity as being one of the best profs for Geography (actually, pretty much all profs who teach 400 level are excellent).  But, what are we supposed to get out of this class? How does knowing all these historical facts and reasons why such events have occurred have to do with Geography anyway? I get the fact that capitalism is very much related to urban and regional development and is the basis on how this world came to be, but I don't see why we need to go so in detail. I'm so lost -- what a waste... should have listened to my heart. 8:30AM courses on Thursdays, too. GUHHHH I honestly don't know if I can pass this course! I haven't gotten a single assignment back and I don't think I did too hot on the pop quiz even though I read the material.. and there is a 35% final paper coming up and he hasn't given us any information as to what to do either. How am I going to write a 10 pager on capitalism?!?!?!?! If this course is why I don't graduate, I will... well, I don't know what I'm going to do yet, but I'll think of something. I just need to pass - give me a D, I don't care!!

No comments:

Post a Comment