March 4, 2010

Trench Find

Refinery29 posted about their great find -- "A Springy, Burberry-esque Trench That Won't Leave You Bankrupt" last week. Their lookalike was from Asos.com. I say I've just found better from Zipia. Compare?


Burberry Cotton Knotted Epaulette Coat: $2,595USD
Asos Lipsy Ruched Shoulder Mac: $128USD
(It's made out of a material that has a sheen to it... think Bebe and Le Chateau items that don't sell)




Zipia Shirring Vest Point Double Coat: $54USD (available in pink, beige, and navy sizes S and M)
Not bad, eh? This is sort of a more wearable version - it's looser, more A-line, and less of a "I've-hid-an-orange-under-my-shoulder-pads" sort of look.

So yes. Trench coats have always been the "it" piece of outerwear for both Spring and Fall. I always love a classic, but at this price, why not snatch up something a bit more trendy and edgy?

No comments:

Post a Comment