March 19, 2010

Tailor It


I admit that I am a pretty lazy dresser, yet at the same time, I don't exactly fit the whole "effortless chic" category either -- probably 'cause I don't exactly have a no-curve body haha After grad (and once I make some more money and have more time to shop), I want to step it up a bit. I've figured maybe one of the first ways to do so is to invest in more tailored things.. specifically, jackets! I must say, a well-fitted tailored jacket is one sure way of looking put together. This can be done in blazer form, which I would say is the most popular, a leather jacket, specific jean jackets, and just a cropped jacket (possibly with darts and all). Even though you wear it the same way as you wear a cardigan, they produce different looks.  A cardigan is made out of a softer, more flexible material and just drapes - usually more casual. Blazers are stiffer (material-wise), have more structure, and more likely have defined shoulders. Blazers don't necessarily have to have collars, though. where everything drapes so it actually looks like all you did was slip into things.


Some examples from ShopBop. I was really inspired by ShopBop's Haute Hippie video this morning! Haute Hippie has some really great SKIRTS and jackets. 

This studded blazer is from Sauce
Haute Hippie Bowtie Sequined Jacket
Haute Hippie Zip Leather Jacket - looked nice on the model!
Victorialand Panel Box Jacket
Elie Tahari Eliza Jacket
Haute Hippie Embellised Jacket (I wanted this and love it even more after the lady in the Haute Hippie video wore it)
S.W.O.R.D Novana Leather Jacket - pretty nice
Twenty8Twelve Anaiya Blazer
And I'm really liking ASOS Cropped Pleat Shoulder Jacket in Beige
and ASOS Chain Trim Shoulder Pad Jacket

No comments:

Post a Comment