March 8, 2010

A Japanese Fix @ Chura

About a week ago, I went to Chura hair salon to get my hair redyed at 10AM. The first dye came out a lot lighter than I was hoping and now it's partly ash (green undertone) and partly copper (orange undertone) so it looks different in different lights. Was surprised to walk into a 3/4 full salon at 10AM! wow no wonder they couldn't fit me in any other time. Mark, the hair stylist I've been requesting for the past 3 times, is hilarious. He's one of the few who can speak good English.  He's so nice, too.  It's so odd to have so much to talk about with a hair stylist! I usually sit silently in the chair unless a friend was with me because the hair dresser would either not speak English very well, would be boring, or just plain creepy... Anyway, I think I've mentioned Mark before - we talk about fashion and trends and such. He showed me this men's magazine for teens to early 20's age category called "Men's Egg" (LOL). There's a girl's version called "Egg" and even a "Men's Egg Bitter" for men 23 years of age and up. Anyway, this magazine was so amusing! Mark was talking about the new trends for guys in Japan. Eyeliner was already a done that sort of trend. Now it has evolved to FALSE EYELASHES!! Their eyes look soooo girly.. some of them even wore PURPLE eyelashes! Another trend is foundation for guys to achieve flawless skin. That, I understand. I totally think guys should wear foundation if they have uneven skin and/or suffer from blemishes or discoloured skin. I guess it'd be a bit odd if they did have facial hair.. harder to apply unnoticeably. And the third trend is a manicure. Dark, vampy colours have been done before, but now look!
The quality isn't great because I took it with my cell phone, but every nail is different and two of them are silver and covered with chunky sparkles! The other ones have cute yellow characters on them like a star or even pikachu! The picture below this of a guy wearing an ivory nail polish and thin black swirls painted on. It's even too elegant for me! Soooo funny. And if you think girls can look so different/better with makeup on, the same definitely goes for men! I think Mark said that this style is mainly seen in the Shinjuku (lol, which sounded like Shingiku (a Japanese vegetable I love)) district of Tokyo.
Also saw some cute Bento boxes

No comments:

Post a Comment